Dinner at the Restaurant with your baby- We give you tips to make the experience less tiresome.
My baby turned one year old, and my happiness knew no bounds. I thought it was the right time to go for a family dinner at our favourite restaurant. Of course, there was a lot of excitement, but then I was also worried. What if the baby has a meltdown? Well, this time I was not going to let the concern affect our plans, and so we decided to take all the precautions and make this dinner a successful one. One day before the birthday, I had possibly imagined all the disaster that was possible, and everything that could potentially go wrong. It was a couple of months back that I had gone to a wedding with my 11month old and she knocked down the glass of juice and tried eating pebbles used there for decoration. It was the first time after the glass knockout episode that I was planning a dinner with family, well, we hoped it would go well. This post is like a checklist and will help you get prepared before dinner. Happy Dining!!!
Choose the place wisely:
- Do not go to a place that is crowded and noisy, because babies generally do not like that kind of environment.
- Ask the restaurant whether babies are welcome there. Inform them about the dinner with the baby so that they arrange for the tall chair.
- Keep it casual. A quiet dinner, as it happens at home, would make the baby feel comfortable and at home.
- Do not choose a place that organises candlelight dinners or is relatively dark. Babies might not like that ambience too much.
Precautions at the Restaurant:
- It is a wise choice to sit next to the exit. You may take the baby for a stroll easily in case there is a problem.
- Your baby should be busy for you to enjoy the dinner. Take easy to eat food for her, we recommend parents to buy organic fruit purees online. They are tasty, easy to carry. Leave your big heavy bags at home. It is excellent 6-month-old baby food and can be continued until the baby likes to have it. Hygienic puree for baby has a shelf life of 6 months or more, and so they can be bought and stored at home.
- If the baby walks, make sure they do not run to other tables. Many guests might not like it.
- Hold on to the baby very tightly once you reach the restaurant My baby was smart enough to understand we were at the restaurant and would grab into whatever was hottest and sharpest. 😊
- Be prepared to leave before you have planned. Sometimes babies might have a meltdown, may get sick or just cranky.
- Always try to reach home before the baby’s bedtime. Going out and visiting a new place can be exhausting for the baby.
Well, my first dining experience with my baby was not at all bad. We let her eat her fruit puree herself, and she was pleased with that option. While you are out, let the baby be, it is essential to keep them occupied. A bored baby would have a meltdown, and you might have to take them for a stroll too often. Do not worry about trying dinner outings with babies, creating the right ambience for them is the key. Hope you have a great one!